Friday, March 14, 2008

EASTER THOUGHTS.....


I love this time of year !

The sun's warmth starts to become a daily occurance. People just seem to have an extra "bounce" in their step. More smiles abound, and greet us as we go about our daily duties.
Mostly though, i just enjoy being amazed at how God brings a natural resurgence, in the form of "mother nature" ; with clover taking over yards, trees starting to bud again, and the return of small creatures...everywhere! It makes me think of resurrection in general, which..as a believer and lover of Christ, only leads me to thoughts of Easter's truest meaning, Jesus' resurrection..and how it brought a "new life" to us all!
Every year at this time, i just seem to regain enthusiasm, and heart. When it comes to serving others, and my love for Jesus. This year..i am marveling at the path God has me on, and the people he has brought into my life. What an amazing God!
I guess i'll close this thought with a poem that my sister wrote several years ago..before she passed away. I love it...and hope the reader does too....




Easter Day
By Danna Hope Hale

I love to wake on Easter Day
And ponder God’s redeeming way
A lamb – to live and die, and then
A stone to move – and life again
“He is not here,” the angel said,
For He has risen from the dead.”
Will you believe this in your heart?
Will you believe and do your part? –
To go into the world and preach
To all creation, and to teach
That Jesus lives and through His name
Our lives will never be the same!

1 comment:

dolfina said...

Thank you for that lovely poem! Jerry, you are an awesome man of God! Here is another poem by Danna Hope Hale:
Long Ago on Easter Day
Long Ago on Easter Day
I loved baskets with green hay
Chocolate rabbit, pretty bonnets
Colored eggs and Easter sonnets

Then one day I looked to see
That those things don’t mean much to me
For feel the clover, see the lamb
And sunrise over sleepy land

But those things too grow strangely dim.
And if we humbly think of Him
We’ll discover with surprise
He’s sonnet, lamb and our sunrise!

By Danna Hope Hale