Sunday, June 22, 2008

THREE GOOD BOOKS.............

I heard somewhere, that God can speak to us in three ways (not to discount that there might be others..such as dreams and nature); hunches, instincts and "first impressions". I also believe ..that when we,as believers, are in fellowship with our community of believer friends..he might also speak "into us" through them.

Anyways...when someone i just know is in an intimate,close relationship with God, i usually make it a point to listen to/act on, their advice. I also am apt to pay attention when they suggest a book,scripture or other "source material" directed at me.
In the last several months, i have been so directed to three books that have brought me cloeser to my Maker, made me think in a different way, or simply inspired me to press onward in my attempt to gain a more intimate relationship "in Christ".

Here are the three books...

"Layman Look Up" - An excellent overview of the concept of "marketplace ministry".

" Choosing God's Best" - A "relationship application" book of the very best!

" The Reason for God " - Tim Keller's insightfull book on missional aspects of Christianity.

For anyone desiring to spend some of your summertime learning,growing and reaching...these books are all awesome!

In HIM,always...

Jerry

No comments: